- A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada who is legally eligible to work in Canada.
- At least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position. Have awareness of his/her own safety and the safety of the public.
- Be of good moral character and habits.
- Applicants must possess a valid class 'G' licence.
- You must have a current, valid certificate in First Aid and CPR Level C (basic rescue level).
- You must possess a valid testing certificate through Applicant Testing Services. Special Constable Test Results Profile (TRP) or Constable Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP) certificate is accepted. Candidates completing the Special Constable TRP must complete the General Aptitude Test Battery (GATB), Writing Process Test (WPT), Physical, Vision and Hearing testing.
- Successfully completed at least four years of secondary school education or its equivalent. Transcripts are required with application. For more information, visit the Government of Canada Education Equivalency.
Candidates must successfully complete a psychological assessment, pre-employement medical assessment, and comprehensive background investigation prior to being offered employment.
Applications can be submitted by mail to:
Niagara Regional Police Service
5700 Valley Way
Niagara Falls, ON
Attn: Human Resources
Applications can also be submitted online by completing the online application.
Applications for Special Constable will be remain on file for a minimum period of 6 months, after which time applications will no longer be under consideration. If you have not heard from the NRPS during this period, please feel free to reapply.
Recruitment for Special Constables is on an as needed basis, and should any positions become vacant, qualified candidates will be contacted.
Your Applicant Testing certificate must be current and up to date at every stage. Please ensure you send us any updates as you receive them to keep your file current.
The steps required to apply are as follows:
- Obtain your ATS Certificate from Applicant Testing Services.
- Obtain your Standard First Aid/CPR Level "C" Certificate.
- Obtain a copy of your transcripts from secondary school and any post secondary school attended.
- Submit the abovementioned documents with a copy of your cover letter and resume detailing the position applied for and your qualifications.