The following are the minimum qualifications required to apply to a police constable position with the Niagara Regional Police Service
- A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada who is legally eligible to work in Canada.
- At least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position. Have awareness of his or her own safety and the safety of the public.
- Be of good moral character and habits.
- Successfully completed at least four years of secondary school education or its equivalent. Transcripts are required with application. For more information Visit the Government of Canada Education Equivalency.
- Employment is conditional upon successful completion of a complete medical examination, conducted by a doctor appointed by the Police Service.
- Applicants must possess a valid class 'G' or its Provincial equivalent. Your past driving record must reflect a respect for the laws that you will be required to enforce as a Constable. You will be required to submit a Freedom of Information (FOI) Restricted Driving Record prior to background.
- You must have a current, valid certificate in First Aid and CPR Level C (basic rescue level).
- You must possess a valid Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP) certificate. Applicant Testing Services.