Welcome to the Niagara Regional Police Service Citizens Online Reporting System.

If this is an EMERGENCY, please call 9-1-1.

Using our Online Reporting System allows you to submit a report immediately and retain a copy for your records.

Criteria for Filing an Online Report

  • This is NOT an emergency.
  • You MUST have a valid email address to use this system.
  • There are NO known suspects. If a suspect is known, please contact us. If you are calling from Grimsby, Lincoln or West Lincoln, call 905-945-2211. If you are calling from any other municipality within the Niagara Region, call 905-688-4111. Our toll free number is 1-888-668-3911.
  • If this incident occurred outside of the Region of Niagara, please file your report with the Police Service within the jurisdiction where the incident occurred.
  • You must be 18 years of age to submit an online report

Upon completion of this report process you will:

  • See the words "your online police report has been submitted".
  • You will then receive a temporary police report case number and email informing you that we have received your report and that it is pending review.
  • A Police Officer will review your report and either approve, reject or request follow-up information from you. In any case, you will be contacted, via email, regarding the status of your report.
Using the Niagara Regional Police Service Citizens Online Reporting System, you can report the following incidents (please click on one of the following):

Lost Property


Theft (Under $10,000)

Damage / Mischief to Property

Theft from Vehicle

Damage / Mischief to Vehicle

Please Note:
  • Filing a false police report is a criminal offence.
  • To report a lost or stolen Canadian passport, please attend the nearest Passport Canada office. Please refer to www.passportcanada.gc.ca for further information...
  • To report a lost or stolen foreign passport, please contact the nearest Embassy office where the passport was issued. Please refer to http://www.international.gc.ca/international to locate the appropriate Embassy or Consulate.
  • To report a lost or stolen licence plate, valtag or vinplate, please attend one of our Police Districts where a Replacement Declaration form will be issued. You will then be required to take this form to the Licence Bureau.
  • Reports filed on behalf of a third party, i.e. - another person or for public property, will not be accepted. Reports must be filed by the actual complainant, owner or authorized representative.

Please ensure you turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.

Frequently Asked Questions